In this episode, I will talk about why you should dance. I’m also going to give you a creative prompt, something you can do easily and in a short amount of time, to get some creative play into your day.
A small caution might be in order. If you’re sensitive to language, I must warn you that the occasional swear word might slip through the cracks when I edit. That might happen if I’m talking about something I’m particularly passionate about.
3 - Why you should dance
What am I working on?
- I’ve finished the underpainting on the forest nymph, and I’m about to start the first layer of colour.
- I’m working on my tarot deck, and the name I’ve chosen for it is the Arthropoda Tarot Deck. Arthropoda is the scientific name for the group of animals included in the deck.
- I’m editing the first workshop so I can put it up as a stand-alone class for you.
- I also have another workshop coming up called Playful Cut & Paste. If you want to sign up for that one, the link is in the show notes.
7 reasons why you should dance
- It’s fun
- It’s good exercise
- It releases stress
- It gives you a break from everyday life
- It clears your mind
- It improves your coordination
- It builds confidence, you get less afraid of looking silly
Put on some of your favorite upbeat music, and just let go.
Don’t try to make it perfect. Don’t try to make it look good. Don’t think, just dance!
Today’s inspirational words are by Charles Horton Cooley, and he says: “An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one”
Your creative prompt for today is to get creative with your personal style (clothes, makeup etc.). Change it up properly, don’t just wear a different top than usual. Combine things you wouldn’t normally combine and experiment with colours and patterns. Forget all the unwritten style rules out there about body shape, colour coordination, and age. Just go for it!
That’s it for me for today. Thanks for listening to the Creative Explorer Podcast. The next episode will, among other things, be about How to find time to be creative. If you have any questions, just reach out to me at email@example.com. Remember to rate and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
Submit a Comment
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.
A friend of mine invited me to a party in a few weeks and she is having dancing!! I am super excited because I love dancing but I don’t have many opportunities to dance. Have you read any Brene Brown books? She talks a lot about play and how essential it is. Good for you for talking about it!
That sounds like fun Amy 🙂 I don’t get to dance properly much, because of my knees, but I do it occasionally at home.
I haven’t read her books yet, but I’ll check her out.