As a business owner, I know you have work to do, clients to please, nothing stops. But you need to take the time to breathe. It doesn’t have to be full throttle 24/7.
When you feel this way, don’t push through it, lean into it, slow down and rest when you need it. You probably have at least 5 minutes to have a cup of tea or slow down in another way. If you feel like flipping me the bird right now, you really need that cup of tea 🙂
It doesn’t have to be full throttle 24/7! Slow down when you need it! http://bit.ly/1TctUij #fempreneur #FemBizClick to tweet
Here are a few suggestions on how you can slow down when you need it and improve your bad days.
- Use the time for introspection, getting clarity for where you want to go next
- Order in for dinner. Every meal doesn’t have to be cooked from scratch.
- Delegate tasks to your partner, friends, your children (if they’re old enough).
- Get rid of some tasks. We do a lot of things we don’t need to do, or not do as often or as much.
- Shorten blog posts and newsletters. They don’t have to be essays and take hours to do. Sometimes a picture or just a short note is enough.
- Get together with some friends in real life or over Skype and talk. Enjoying time with friends can help on even the worst days.
- Make what you have to do more fun by turning on your favourite music and being playful about it.
How do you feel about these suggestions? Do you think they would help you?
If you find it difficult to do this or need more ideas on how to improve your bad days, let’s talk. Have a cup of tea with me.
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.