I know the holiday season brings a lot of stress for some of you and I wanted to give you some tips beforehand, so you’ll be able to enjoy yourself more, and have time to do something for yourself. So you can survive the holidays. That’s why I did an extra blab yesterday. It had to become a lot shorter than I planned, because of Tomas, but I got everything in there. You can choose to watch the video or read the list of tips below it.
How to make it easier to survive the holidays
- Stop putting unreasonable pressure on yourself and don’t set expectations too high
- You don’t have to look and dress like a model. It’s ok to wear a t-shirt and sweatpants when you feel like it.
- Don’t feel forced to follow traditions, it’s ok to do something different this year.
- Don’t celebrate inside the drawers. It’s not a professional inspection of your abilities to keep the house spotless
- Let others help with decorations, cooking, baking, cleaning, dishes etc.
- Pre-schedule your quiet me-time.
- Make yourself as comfortable as possible.
- Try to get enough rest and exercise, although I know it’s very easy to forget about it
- Laugh about the disasters, things will go pear-shaped. Laugh it off.
- Do something fun every day, like the elf on a shelf, mischievous gnomes or toys doing silly things during the night.
- Take pictures and not just of the people and gifts.
- Remember to play. Play with your or other people’s kids.
- Try to create on a regular basis but make it easy for yourself. Create for the fun of it, or to vent, but don’t make it into a big deal.
What are the holidays usually like for you?
Leave your answer in the comments
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.