Around this time of year, people are returning to work after their vacation. Maybe you’re one of them or maybe you’re already back at work. How does it feel when you think about going to work?
Does it suck?
Does it feel like a drag?
Maybe you feel stifled? Frustrated?
A lot of people feel like that. I used to feel it too, back when I was working.
So how do you survive in a ‘left-brained’ job when it’s not your ideal environment?
- Listen to music that lifts you up.
- Take a mental break and daydream or meditate.
- Talk to the others during the day and meet up after work now and then.
- Share the occasional joke or play an innocent prank.
- Organize play-time, like a treasure hunt or paper basket ball.
- Bring a cake to celebrate something or someone.
- Spruce up your work environment by adding some colour, something pretty or funny.
- Use your lunch break for more than food. Relax, create, take a walk.
- Mix up what you bring for lunch. Don’t have the same thing every day.
- Doodle when you have to wait for something, or during a boring meeting.
- Take short breaks and stretch. That’s good for your body too.
- Put on clothes you like, that make you feel good.
- If you have a suggestion for improvements at work, speak up.
- Focus on how your work helps others and makes the world a better place, even if you’re not using your talents to their full potential.
- Don’t participate in gossiping and complaining. That negative talk only brings you down.
What will you do to make your work more fun?
If your job is already fun enough, what suggestions do you have to add to the list?
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.