Did you know that creating your own Tarot deck doesn’t have to be hard? It can be as easy as you want it to be. The Tarot deck is a tool for your intuition, so you need images you can relate to, that’s pretty much all you have to think about. Pick images that are close to you, and get creating. Try to stick to one theme per deck. If you love to crochet, you might use crochet needles for wands, and balls of yarn for the pentacles.
You will need card stock or cardboard if you don’t plan to get them printed. They don’t have to be any particular size, pick a size that will fit your hands. You’re the one who will be using them after all.
Ways you can create your own Tarot deck
- Cut images from magazines and paste them on the cards
- Download images from the Internet and print them
- Gather images of your favorite artwork, and add them to the cards
- Write keywords on the cards
- Draw symbols on the cards
- Take photos to use on the cards, like a silly dog for the fool
- Make your own artwork for the cards and add it to them
If you plan to make your deck public, make sure to only use images you’re allowed to use.
I plan to start making my own Tarot deck soon. Right now, I’m thinking it will be an insect themed deck, with my own artwork. I plan to make it publicly available (for sale), but not through a publisher.
If you’re looking for a reading, make sure to take me up on my offer
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.