Herbs have helped me in many ways through the years. These are the top 5. Some of which you might have heard about before. This is my last post for appreciation week. Tomorrow will be another Sassy Sayings post.
- Pain relief Back when I had no money and the doctors didn’t understand, the only pain relief I got was from herbs. It’s what got me researching them.
- Introduction to Witchcraft and Paganism As I told you yesterday, this is how I found my path.
- Dragging me out of meltdowns Had a couple of rough patches. No depression, but a few pretty bad meltdowns. Chamomile really helped on those occasions.
- Energy when I had none When I worked, I struggled badly with fatigue. On the worst days, I had a cup of herbal tea in the morning, to get through the day.
- Meeting lots of interesting people I’ve talked to lots of interesting and wonderful people as a result of my herbal research.
How have herbs helped you? If you’re new to it, what kind of help do you need?
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.
Stopping by from UBC.
My friend and Reiki Master Teresa Thompson makes these amazing healing salves with flowers and essential oils. Arnica is so fabulous at soothing sore, tired muscles. If I could, I take a bath in it so I asked Teresa to make me some bath salts that are infused with Arnica, amber, and lavender.
Arnica works very well for acute pain, like a bad bruise. It doesnt work as well for the chronic stuff. I might try it for sore muscles though, if I can get my hands on some. 🙂 Thanks
Which herbs did you use for the back pain Linda?
Got any wisdom to share on Fibromyalgia relief in regards to herbs?
I WOULD LOVE to hear about them. Thanks!
I’ve used several different ones. Ginger is a good anti-inflammatory, if its a stretched muscle. Colt’s Foot is really good, but has some alkaloids you have to be careful with. I wish I had something for fibro, but I don’t at the moment. I’ll keep looking.
I found this page Bonnie http://www.fibromyalgiahope.com/fibromyalgia-herbs.html
Herbs rock – they’ve helped me in the form of compressed vitamin supplements, they helped me deal with my hayfever, and with menstrual pain. I also use Aloe Vera as a gel for application to sores, cuts, or insect bites 🙂