Yesterday I told you to schedule some playtime. Today I thought I’d give you some suggestions for what to do with that time.
- Put some paint on paper, cardboard or canvas. Don’t plan your painting, just throw some paint on there and see what happens.
- Use a ball to play with your dog, child, or someone else’s. You don’t get to just throw the ball, you have to really get into it and do some running yourself.
- Go to the pool and splash around, don’t go swimming for exercise. Exercise doesn’t count as play.
- Play dress-up by putting on a combination of clothes you would never dare to wear in public, then go outside. If you’re courageous enough; go to the grocery store, otherwise just go outside your house.
- Build a blanket fort in your living room, and watch TV from it tonight, instead of on the couch.
What are your suggestions for playtime activities? leave me a comment below, then share this post, so we all can get more suggestions.
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.
I’ve been exploring your blog and website, love it all.
Love to hear that 🙂 Thanks for the feedback
I have to giggle at this, because I’m all about play! I’ve been known to have hot pink hair, put on pink pajamas, and pink flip flops, and then ride a pink bike around the block, just to get people to learn to relax!
Sounds like you have a lot of fun 🙂 I’ve had my hair every possible “natural” color. Never tried pink. Now I’m doing my best not to color it, since I’m growing it out. Most people need to learn to relax 🙂
Play is so important, even for us “Adults”. I believe it is where passion and enthusiasm for Life reside. I still love building sand castles in the sand.
Yes, that’s where it is 🙂