I know a lot of my Pagan friends struggle with some form of chronic illness, I do too. So I wanted to bring it up to see how you make it work despite it all. As for me, I have long periods of no practice at all, because my regular life things use up all my energy. I’d really like to get back to a more regularity and practising more often. But it seems like every time I try, another bad period comes along. I really need some good ideas on how to get it done.
I do try to do the three major blots each year, but I’d also like to do something every full moon, and some form of magic every week at least. The longer I go without doing anything like this, the edgier I get.
How often do you do rituals and/or magic?
For those of you who haven’t read my blog before, I’ve had chronic pain for the last 20 years or so. Here’s a short summary:
- Back surgery for a herniated disk twice in three years
- Chronic neck and back pain, muscle pain and subluxations
- Arthroscopic surgery on both knees
- Osteoarthritis grade III-IV (to the bone) in both knees
- Hypermobility affecting almost every joint
- Chronic joint pain in fingers wrists, elbows, shoulders, knees, and toes which hasn’t been diagnosed
It’s gotten worse for every year, and I’m now on sick-leave. I’ll probably be filing for disability soon.
How do you manage to keep up a magical practice despite your illness(es)? Fill out the comment form below, hit “Post Comment” and let me know.
Get notified when there's something new on the blog.